Apple's founding contract sells for nearly $1.6 million
Last month we learned Sotheby's would auction off an original Apple contract signed by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne. Experts expected it to fetch around $100,000 - $150,000. Turns out they were way off, because the document sold for almost 1.6 million bucks.
When the auction closed, the final bid was $1,350,500. Add Sotheby's 12 percent commission for a grand total of $1,594,500. Mr. Eduardo Cisneros, CEO of Cisneros Corp. in Miami is the proud new owner of this document. Congratulations to Mr. Cisneros on purchasing this significant piece of Apple history. You can watch the gavel fall in the video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter