Apple's founding contract sells for nearly $1.6 million
Last month we learned Sotheby's would auction off an original Apple contract signed by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne. Experts expected it to fetch around $100,000 - $150,000. Turns out they were way off, because the document sold for almost 1.6 million bucks.
When the auction closed, the final bid was $1,350,500. Add Sotheby's 12 percent commission for a grand total of $1,594,500. Mr. Eduardo Cisneros, CEO of Cisneros Corp. in Miami is the proud new owner of this document. Congratulations to Mr. Cisneros on purchasing this significant piece of Apple history. You can watch the gavel fall in the video below.
Last month we learned Sotheby's would auction off an original Apple contract signed by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements