Philippe Starck reportedly working on Jobs family yacht
A few days ago famed French designer Philippe Starck told French radio station that he was working on a "quite revolutionary" product with Apple that will be unveiled in 8 months. For a few hours the Internet went crazy with speculation that Starck was referring to the rumored Apple television set or the next iPhone. However, in a rather uncustomary move, Apple quickly issued a statement denying that the company was working with Starck in any way.
Now a spokesperson for Starck clarified the situation to The Wall Street Journal. The spokesperson confirmed what many had guessed after Apple's refutation of Starck's claims: that Starck was referring to a yacht he was designing for Steve Jobs. According to the spokesperson, "It's not a project with Apple. It's a private project that began with Steve Jobs and that has been taken over by his wife."
Steve Jobs mentioned the importance of the yacht to him and his family quite a few times in his biography. Jobs told biographer Walter Issacson, ""I didn't think I would be alive when it got done. But that made me so sad, and I decided that working on the design was fun to do, and maybe I have a shot at being alive when it's done. I know that it's possible I will die and leave Laurene with a half-built boat. But I have to keep going on it. If I don't, it's an admission that I'm about to die."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options