Apple, Foxconn to share cost of factory improvement
Foxconn chief Terry Gou said that his company and Apple will share the costs of improving labor conditions at the Chinese factory that assembles many of Apple's products. Gou did not reveal the amount to be spent or how it would be divided between Apple and Foxconn.
Last February, Foxconn agreed to raise wages for some of its factory workers. In March, the company began recruiting for positions created to oversee safety and lifestyle issues at its facilities. Gou did not say if the cost of these initiatives would be shared with Apple.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client