Apple, Foxconn to share cost of factory improvement
Foxconn chief Terry Gou said that his company and Apple will share the costs of improving labor conditions at the Chinese factory that assembles many of Apple's products. Gou did not reveal the amount to be spent or how it would be divided between Apple and Foxconn.
Last February, Foxconn agreed to raise wages for some of its factory workers. In March, the company began recruiting for positions created to oversee safety and lifestyle issues at its facilities. Gou did not say if the cost of these initiatives would be shared with Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options