Apple, Foxconn to share cost of factory improvement
Foxconn chief Terry Gou said that his company and Apple will share the costs of improving labor conditions at the Chinese factory that assembles many of Apple's products. Gou did not reveal the amount to be spent or how it would be divided between Apple and Foxconn.
Last February, Foxconn agreed to raise wages for some of its factory workers. In March, the company began recruiting for positions created to oversee safety and lifestyle issues at its facilities. Gou did not say if the cost of these initiatives would be shared with Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV