Third Street Promenade 2 Apple Store taking shape in California
Apple is building several new stores in the US, and one upcoming retail location that is starting to come together is the Third Street Promenade store in Santa Monica, California. According to ifoAppleStore, this is the second retail location on that street. It is located about 1,000 feet down the street from the current Third Street Promenade store, which Apple built in 2003.
Apple tore down an old, three-story Borders book store and is building its own 8,000 square-foot retail outlet, says a report in LA Curbed. The media uncovered these initial details last year when the Santa Monica Planning Commission gave approval for the construction to begin.
Like many new Apple Stores, this second Third Street Promenade store will have stone walls, a curved glass roof and an all-glass storefront. Photos of the construction, available on ifoAppleStore's website, show the steel framework of the building and a pit at the back of the store which will become stockrooms, a Genius work area and office space. The store will open by the end of the year.
Apple is building several new stores in the US, and one upcoming retail location that is starting to come together is the Third Street...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station