Third Street Promenade 2 Apple Store taking shape in California
Apple is building several new stores in the US, and one upcoming retail location that is starting to come together is the Third Street Promenade store in Santa Monica, California. According to ifoAppleStore, this is the second retail location on that street. It is located about 1,000 feet down the street from the current Third Street Promenade store, which Apple built in 2003.
Apple tore down an old, three-story Borders book store and is building its own 8,000 square-foot retail outlet, says a report in LA Curbed. The media uncovered these initial details last year when the Santa Monica Planning Commission gave approval for the construction to begin.
Like many new Apple Stores, this second Third Street Promenade store will have stone walls, a curved glass roof and an all-glass storefront. Photos of the construction, available on ifoAppleStore's website, show the steel framework of the building and a pit at the back of the store which will become stockrooms, a Genius work area and office space. The store will open by the end of the year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service