Latest MacBook Pro & Air models get software update
Apple has released a software update for the new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models introduced in June of 2012. The update, which is 76.64 MB in size, "...fixes an issue that can lead to increased CPU power consumption, and it improves compatibility with some USB devices."
According to a tweet from veteran Mac backup utility developer Dave Nanian of Shirt Pocket, "There's no question-the new MacBook Pro Retina update improves thermal performance and battery. I *think* it's using integrated video more."
The update is available through Software Update, or can be downloaded directly from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1556
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter