Latest MacBook Pro & Air models get software update
Apple has released a software update for the new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models introduced in June of 2012. The update, which is 76.64 MB in size, "...fixes an issue that can lead to increased CPU power consumption, and it improves compatibility with some USB devices."
According to a tweet from veteran Mac backup utility developer Dave Nanian of Shirt Pocket, "There's no question-the new MacBook Pro Retina update improves thermal performance and battery. I *think* it's using integrated video more."
The update is available through Software Update, or can be downloaded directly from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1556
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements