Latest MacBook Pro & Air models get software update
Apple has released a software update for the new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models introduced in June of 2012. The update, which is 76.64 MB in size, "...fixes an issue that can lead to increased CPU power consumption, and it improves compatibility with some USB devices."
According to a tweet from veteran Mac backup utility developer Dave Nanian of Shirt Pocket, "There's no question-the new MacBook Pro Retina update improves thermal performance and battery. I *think* it's using integrated video more."
The update is available through Software Update, or can be downloaded directly from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1556
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7