Latest MacBook Pro & Air models get software update
Apple has released a software update for the new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models introduced in June of 2012. The update, which is 76.64 MB in size, "...fixes an issue that can lead to increased CPU power consumption, and it improves compatibility with some USB devices."
According to a tweet from veteran Mac backup utility developer Dave Nanian of Shirt Pocket, "There's no question-the new MacBook Pro Retina update improves thermal performance and battery. I *think* it's using integrated video more."
The update is available through Software Update, or can be downloaded directly from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1556
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration