Entire Apple design team receives award in London
Apple's design team was named the best design studio of the last 50 years by D&D, and, according to the London Evening Standard, the whole design team was on hand to accept the prestigious Design and Art Direction (D&D) award. In honor of the award, Apple flew the entire 16-member team from San Francisco to London for D&D's 50-year anniversary ceremony. This isn't Apple's first design award, but it is is the first time the entire design team was present to receive an award. Sir Jonathan Ive lead the team, which includes 14 men and two women, in accepting the award.
D&D is a London charity that promotes "brilliance in commercial creativity" and celebrates "excellence within the creative industries and beyond." Its annual awards event is highly regarded among advertising and design professions.
Apple's design team was named the best design studio of the last 50 years by D&D, and, according to the London Evening Standard,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle