Photographer Sabine Liewald sues Apple over copyright infringement
No stranger to copyright litigation, Apple will play the defensive role in a suit by photographer Sabine Liewald who alleges the company used a piece of her work without permission. According to details obtained by Patently Apple, the company contacted Liewald's agency, Factory Downtown, and requested a high-resolution version of a photograph titled Eye Closeup strictly for internal layout purposes.
The photograph subsequently popped up on marketing materials for Apple's Retina-equipped MacBook Pro -- as seen above in the court document obtained by Patently Apple -- as well as in the keynote address revealing the new notebook. As you can imagine, this didn't sit well with the Swiss photographer, and she is now seeking to collect an unspecified figure for damages relating to the unlawful use of the image.
No stranger to copyright litigation, Apple will play the defensive role in a suit by photographer Sabine Liewald who alleges the company used a piece of her work without permission.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update