Apple acquires HTML5 design shop Particle
According to a report in CNET, Apple has quietly acquired Particle, a consulting company that specializes in web and HTML 5-based marketing projects. The company has worked with high-profile companies like Google, Motorola, Amazon, Yahoo and even Apple. It's also known for its celebrity backer, Justin Timberlake, who invested in Particle and helped fund its digital calling card service, Robo.to.
The acquisition went through last month and most of Particle's employees are now working for Apple as "creative technologists." The team is expected to work on Apple's product pages, iCloud.com and iAD, all of which rely heavily on HTML 5 to deliver content.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free