Apple acquires HTML5 design shop Particle
According to a report in CNET, Apple has quietly acquired Particle, a consulting company that specializes in web and HTML 5-based marketing projects. The company has worked with high-profile companies like Google, Motorola, Amazon, Yahoo and even Apple. It's also known for its celebrity backer, Justin Timberlake, who invested in Particle and helped fund its digital calling card service, Robo.to.
The acquisition went through last month and most of Particle's employees are now working for Apple as "creative technologists." The team is expected to work on Apple's product pages, iCloud.com and iAD, all of which rely heavily on HTML 5 to deliver content.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options