Apple acquires HTML5 design shop Particle
According to a report in CNET, Apple has quietly acquired Particle, a consulting company that specializes in web and HTML 5-based marketing projects. The company has worked with high-profile companies like Google, Motorola, Amazon, Yahoo and even Apple. It's also known for its celebrity backer, Justin Timberlake, who invested in Particle and helped fund its digital calling card service, Robo.to.
The acquisition went through last month and most of Particle's employees are now working for Apple as "creative technologists." The team is expected to work on Apple's product pages, iCloud.com and iAD, all of which rely heavily on HTML 5 to deliver content.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature