iOS hacker Comex no longer working for Apple
Nicholas Allegra, known by his online handle "Comex," will no longer be lending his talents to Apple. The noted hacker posted the news on Twitter, stating that after a year as an intern he is now no longer associated with the company, though not because he was outright terminated. In a second tweet, Allegra claimed that the reason for his departure was an overlooked email.
Forbes reports that an offer letter to keep the hacker on board at Apple as a remote intern was overlooked by the 20-year-old. Allegra went on to say that the situation was slightly more complex than a simple inbox snafu, and that there is no bad blood between him and the company.
Allegra first gained notoriety for his work in the jailbreaking scene, including releasing updated versions of the JailbreakMe tool.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)