iOS hacker Comex no longer working for Apple
Nicholas Allegra, known by his online handle "Comex," will no longer be lending his talents to Apple. The noted hacker posted the news on Twitter, stating that after a year as an intern he is now no longer associated with the company, though not because he was outright terminated. In a second tweet, Allegra claimed that the reason for his departure was an overlooked email.
Forbes reports that an offer letter to keep the hacker on board at Apple as a remote intern was overlooked by the 20-year-old. Allegra went on to say that the situation was slightly more complex than a simple inbox snafu, and that there is no bad blood between him and the company.
Allegra first gained notoriety for his work in the jailbreaking scene, including releasing updated versions of the JailbreakMe tool.
Nicholas Allegra, known by his online handle "Comex," will no longer be lending his talents to Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support