A look inside Shenzhen's first Apple Store
Shenzhen, China is the place where many Apple products come from. Foxconn has factories there that crank out the fruited electronics by the millions, and stories of the legions of workers who build those products are legend. Now Shenzhen is getting its first Apple Store, and M.I.C. Gadget was on hand for a press preview of the new store.
The Shenzhen Apple Store will open at 9 AM local time this Saturday (November 3) and is the seventh Apple Store in the country. Apparently the company decided to "Think Different" about the design, as it's in the underground level of the Yitian Holiday Plaza shopping mall and doesn't have the Steve Jobs trademark glass staircase.
M.I.C. Gadget's Herman Lai posits that the official Apple Store might help stem the flow of grey market products into China, as Shenzhen is the main point of entry for those products and having an official outlet might make it difficult for grey market resellers.
The store also boasts two double-row Genius Bars like the ones that debuted at the Wangfujing Apple Store in Beijing a little over a week ago. Be sure to check out the M.I.C. Gadget post for a variety of photos of the inside and outside of the new facility.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)