A look inside Shenzhen's first Apple Store
Shenzhen, China is the place where many Apple products come from. Foxconn has factories there that crank out the fruited electronics by the millions, and stories of the legions of workers who build those products are legend. Now Shenzhen is getting its first Apple Store, and M.I.C. Gadget was on hand for a press preview of the new store.
The Shenzhen Apple Store will open at 9 AM local time this Saturday (November 3) and is the seventh Apple Store in the country. Apparently the company decided to "Think Different" about the design, as it's in the underground level of the Yitian Holiday Plaza shopping mall and doesn't have the Steve Jobs trademark glass staircase.
M.I.C. Gadget's Herman Lai posits that the official Apple Store might help stem the flow of grey market products into China, as Shenzhen is the main point of entry for those products and having an official outlet might make it difficult for grey market resellers.
The store also boasts two double-row Genius Bars like the ones that debuted at the Wangfujing Apple Store in Beijing a little over a week ago. Be sure to check out the M.I.C. Gadget post for a variety of photos of the inside and outside of the new facility.
Shenzhen, China gets its first Apple Store
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements