iTunes 11 imminent according to German music distributor
Originally slated for October, the redesigned iTunes 11 saw its launch bumped into November with barely a day to spare. Now, as we near the end of its new release month, there are signs that it might actually arrive as re-promised.
According to a user on the MacRumors forums by the name of stek, who provided the image seen above, German music distributor Feiyr has begun informing artists and labels that they need to prepare photos and artwork that comply with new iTunes 11 requirements. The email states that shoppers will be able to view photo galleries of artists and that said images need to be at least 1200 pixels wide or tall.
iTunes 11 will introduce a complete visual refresh of the app's interface, deeper iCloud integration and bring the iTunes Store in line with the design seen by iPhone and iPad users for some time now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs