Mossberg: iTunes duplicate song detection is coming
AllThingsD's Walt Mossberg says Apple will restore iTunes duplicate detection in a "minor update." The pre-iTunes 11 duplicate detection feature lets users easily identify items that occurred in an iTunes library more than once. Having done that, deciding which ones to keep and which to ditch was easy enough.
We've speculated that duplicate detection was interfering with iTunes Match, but that's just a guess. It's good to hear that Apple's working on restoring this functionality.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options