Mossberg: iTunes duplicate song detection is coming
AllThingsD's Walt Mossberg says Apple will restore iTunes duplicate detection in a "minor update." The pre-iTunes 11 duplicate detection feature lets users easily identify items that occurred in an iTunes library more than once. Having done that, deciding which ones to keep and which to ditch was easy enough.
We've speculated that duplicate detection was interfering with iTunes Match, but that's just a guess. It's good to hear that Apple's working on restoring this functionality.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature