Mossberg: iTunes duplicate song detection is coming
AllThingsD's Walt Mossberg says Apple will restore iTunes duplicate detection in a "minor update." The pre-iTunes 11 duplicate detection feature lets users easily identify items that occurred in an iTunes library more than once. Having done that, deciding which ones to keep and which to ditch was easy enough.
We've speculated that duplicate detection was interfering with iTunes Match, but that's just a guess. It's good to hear that Apple's working on restoring this functionality.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter