Apple suspends 'most favored nation' in European iBookstore for 5 years
Apple has sent an email to e-book publishers selling in European iBookstores noting that the "most favored nation" clause has been suspended until December 8, 2017, setteB.IT notes on Twitter. The change removes the phrase from the book-selling contract, which prevented publishers from selling e-books via other distributors at a price lower than Apple's.
The European Commission has been conducting an anti-trust investigation of e-book pricing, and the group reached a settlement with Apple earlier this week. This change is seen as a result of that settlement.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration