Apple suspends 'most favored nation' in European iBookstore for 5 years
Apple has sent an email to e-book publishers selling in European iBookstores noting that the "most favored nation" clause has been suspended until December 8, 2017, setteB.IT notes on Twitter. The change removes the phrase from the book-selling contract, which prevented publishers from selling e-books via other distributors at a price lower than Apple's.
The European Commission has been conducting an anti-trust investigation of e-book pricing, and the group reached a settlement with Apple earlier this week. This change is seen as a result of that settlement.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter