Italian authorities fine Apple again over warranties
By now, Apple should be pretty familiar with Italy's standards regarding product warranties, but it seems that despite already being fined roughly $1.2 million, the company's troubles are not over.
AppleInsider reports that after being hit with the fine, Apple continued to push AppleCare's two-year warranty in the region, rather than informing customers of the standard two-year warranty guaranteed by Italian law. For that, the Italian Antitrust Authority hit Apple with another fine of $264,000.
Since its latest spat with Italian regulators in July, Apple has decided not to offer AppleCare in Italy at all, so it appears this final fine is a bit of a going away present.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)