Italian authorities fine Apple again over warranties
By now, Apple should be pretty familiar with Italy's standards regarding product warranties, but it seems that despite already being fined roughly $1.2 million, the company's troubles are not over.
AppleInsider reports that after being hit with the fine, Apple continued to push AppleCare's two-year warranty in the region, rather than informing customers of the standard two-year warranty guaranteed by Italian law. For that, the Italian Antitrust Authority hit Apple with another fine of $264,000.
Since its latest spat with Italian regulators in July, Apple has decided not to offer AppleCare in Italy at all, so it appears this final fine is a bit of a going away present.
Apple gets hit with one final fine from Italian regulators.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements