Italian authorities fine Apple again over warranties
By now, Apple should be pretty familiar with Italy's standards regarding product warranties, but it seems that despite already being fined roughly $1.2 million, the company's troubles are not over.
AppleInsider reports that after being hit with the fine, Apple continued to push AppleCare's two-year warranty in the region, rather than informing customers of the standard two-year warranty guaranteed by Italian law. For that, the Italian Antitrust Authority hit Apple with another fine of $264,000.
Since its latest spat with Italian regulators in July, Apple has decided not to offer AppleCare in Italy at all, so it appears this final fine is a bit of a going away present.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter