TUAW Year in Review: October 2012
Welcome to TUAW's Year in Review. Month by month, we're running down the top stories of 2012, all day long on New Year's Day.
Just two weeks after Apple sold its 100 millionth iPad, the company has announced the iPad mini. As Phil Schiller said, it is not a shrunken-down iPad but a unique design with an aluminium...
Consumers and competitors alike apparently can't get too comfortable with the pace of iPad updates, because just six months after the "new iPad" came out, Apple has announced the fourth-generation...
Apple has introduced a new line of iMacs, its eighth generation of what it's now calling its "flagship desktop line." Although broadly similar in design to its predecessor, the big departure is...
As expected, Apple announced a 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display this morning. "We're taking our best product and introducing something so much better," Phil Schiller said. It's 0.75 inches...
When Apple announced earlier today that -- along with several executive leadership changes -- Senior Vice President of iOS Software Scott Forstall would be leaving the company in 2013, theories...
- Consumer Reports: iPhone 5 is "best iPhone yet"
- Apple acknowledges anniversary of Jobs's death with video tribute
- Google Street View is back on the iPhone, but it's not pretty
- How to report problems with Apple Maps
- Here's a look at the whole universe of Angry Birds games (so far)
- Apple retail employees encouraged to report Maps issues
- The New York Times launches HTML5 web app for iPad
- Steve Jobs' former friends, colleagues share memories
- Samsung sues Apple over iPhone 5
- Fare thee well, Ping: 2010-2012
- Merging Apple IDs still not possible. Now what?
- Apple to open third Beijing Apple Store on iconic Wangfujing Street
- Using an iPhone to detect ear infections
- Apple agrees to licensing terms over Swiss clock design
- How Apple's mobile devices are re-defining medicine
- iPhone 5 selling out in Hong Kong
- iOS's Notification Center cares more about my contacts' birthdays than I do
- Brøderbund's Living Books return for iPad via Wanderful
- Hard drive recall emails going out to owners of 1TB iMacs
- J.K. Rowling says the MacBook Air 'changed my life'
- Newsweek goes all-digital, will cease print publishing at end of 2012
- Tweetbot for Mac arrives on the OS X App Store ... at a hefty price
- Apple receives patent for original iPad design
- Uber cancels NYC taxi program, due to high demand
- How Apple's iPhone 5 website works
- The challenges of jailbreaking iOS 6
- More car companies link iPhone nav apps to dashboard displays
- SNL skewers iPhone 5 complaints
- iPhone jailbreaking legal, iPad not
- White iPad mini sells out in 20 minutes
- Q4 Earnings call turns to iPad philosophy
- The iPad 3rd-gen's "miraculous transformation" from magical device to object of shame
- atebits releases Letterpress for iPhone
- The emerging reality of Apple's leaked products
- Java plugin users on Mountain Lion nudged firmly toward Oracle
- Apple publishes iPhone 5 launch day video
- Five apps that are wicked fun for Halloween
- Apple retail exec John Browett's departure not surprising
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync