Apple returning to Indonesia with online store and retail location
There's good news for Apple devotees in Indonesia, who will once again be able to order products from an official online presence for the company in the territory -- and walk into an Apple Store location in the country's capitol of Jakarta.
News broke today via NZWeek that the folks at 1 Infinite Loop are investing US$2 million to $3 million in the endeavor, which will see online sales return to the country for the first time since they were suspended in 2010 due to shipping-related issues. The company has maintained a web presence in Indonesia since then, but only for pricing information and referrals to authorized resellers.
Apple has filed the paperwork necessary to re-establish commerce in Indonesia with the country's Investment Coordinating Board, but there's no word on when consumers should expect online sales to commence or work on the Jakarta retail location (the Sanlitun Apple Store in Beijing is shown above) to begin.
[Via The Next Web]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)