MacBook Pro with Retina display tops Windows 8 laptops, Chromebook in battery test
Mac users who need power, portability and battery longevity can rest easy knowing the latest MacBook Pro outlasts the latest Windows 8 laptops and at least one Chromebook model in battery tests. UK consumer reports magazine Which? tested the battery life of 18 Windows 8 laptops against the latest 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display and a Chromebook.
The tests were run by playing videos from the laptop's hard drive and also browsing the web. The 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display came out on top, lasting 30 minutes longer than the closest Windows 8 laptop in basic web browsing. The MacBook lasted six hours, while the Acer Aspire timeline Ultra M5-581T lasted 5.5 hours. The Acer did have a screen that was two inches larger, but that screen does not support a Retina-type display. When videos were watched on both laptops, the MacBook lasted an hour longer than the Acer. The Samsung Series 3 Chromebook came in a distant third at three hours and 44 minutes.
Mac users who need power, portability and battery longevity can rest easy knowing the latest MacBook Pro outlasts the latest Windows 8...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype