Apple opens Chinese support forums, asks devs to localize apps
In another move to capture consumers in the world's largest market, Apple has opened a Chinese language version of its Apple Support Community forums. First noticed by AppleInsider, the forum's Chinese speakers help each other in their own native language. AppleInsider notes that the forum posts are sparse as of now, but that's to be expected when a forum is only a few days old.
Apple also sent letters to developers this week, asking them to localize their apps in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish and Arabic. Apple told developers that greater localization could have a positive influence on sales. Apple also asked developers to advertise the fact that their apps are localized.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature