Amazon's MacBook Air stock dwindles
Last week TUAW reported on the diminishing numbers of MacBook Airs available from third-party retailers like Best Buy. Now the source of that information, AppleInsider, is reporting that Amazon is completely sold out of the 11.6-inch low-end MacBook Air (1.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 64 GB storage) with other models showing that they're "n/a".
AppleInsider points out that Amazon's listing for the entry-level 11.6-inch model is "consistent with a discontinued item on Amazon, with no indication that stock will be replenished. In contrast, the online retailer typically portrays a simple stockout with availability advertised for 'one to two months.'"
Stock of many MacBook Air configurations is limited at other retailers, including Best Buy, MacMall, J&R and MacConnection. Apple Stores and the online store still show availability of both the 11.6-inch and 13-inch models.
Speculation is rife that new MacBook Air models might be announced during the WWDC 2013 keynote on June 10, possibly using Intel's new Haswell processors for increased performance and battery life.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter