Apple announces new AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule
Phil Schiller has just announced that Apple is releasing new AirPort Base Stations with all-new designs. Design-wise, both the new Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme are rectangular now with dimensions that measure approximately four inches wide by 6.5 inches tall.
The biggest addition to the Base Station hardware is support for 802.11ac, which offers connection speeds up to 1.3Gbps. The Base Stations also offer improved WiFi coverage and stability through Beamforming technology and a six-antenna array (three for the 2.4GHz band and three for the 5GHz band). Similar to earlier models, both the Time Capsule and the AirPort Extreme have three Gigabit ethernet LAN ports, one Gigabit ethernet WAN port and one USB 2.0 port for an external printer or hard drive.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter