Over one billion podcast subscriptions through the iTunes Store
Are you addicted to podcasts? If so, you're not alone; both bite-sized and long form talk shows on iTunes have absolutely blown up since they were introduced on the service in 2005. Just how big have they gotten? Today Apple announced that the service has passed 1 billion podcast subscriptions.
To celebrate the occasion Apple is holding a special promotion in the podcast section of iTunes highlighting some of the most popular shows ever to appear on the service. In the top slot of the new promotional page - under the "Classics" section, of course - is NPR's beloved "This American Life." No surprise there.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service