Over one billion podcast subscriptions through the iTunes Store
Are you addicted to podcasts? If so, you're not alone; both bite-sized and long form talk shows on iTunes have absolutely blown up since they were introduced on the service in 2005. Just how big have they gotten? Today Apple announced that the service has passed 1 billion podcast subscriptions.
To celebrate the occasion Apple is holding a special promotion in the podcast section of iTunes highlighting some of the most popular shows ever to appear on the service. In the top slot of the new promotional page - under the "Classics" section, of course - is NPR's beloved "This American Life." No surprise there.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options