Over one billion podcast subscriptions through the iTunes Store
Are you addicted to podcasts? If so, you're not alone; both bite-sized and long form talk shows on iTunes have absolutely blown up since they were introduced on the service in 2005. Just how big have they gotten? Today Apple announced that the service has passed 1 billion podcast subscriptions.
To celebrate the occasion Apple is holding a special promotion in the podcast section of iTunes highlighting some of the most popular shows ever to appear on the service. In the top slot of the new promotional page - under the "Classics" section, of course - is NPR's beloved "This American Life." No surprise there.
Are you addicted to podcasts? If so, you're not alone; both bite-sized and long form talk shows on iTunes have absolutely blown up since they were introduced on the service in 2005.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates