Apple warns developers to expect app approval delays
After being taken offline earlier this month by a security breach, Apple's developer portal is back up and running -- at least in a limited capacity -- but the effects of the downtime will continue to be felt for some time. ReadWrite reports that Apple has begun a rollout of notices to developers stating that the approval process for new apps will take longer than usual, presumably due to the backlog created by the Developer Center woes.
On July 21, Apple acknowledged that its developer site was hacked on July 18, spending the next several days rebuilding and updating its database and servers. A few days after the incident a security researcher from the UK named Ibrahim Balic claimed credit for the breach, stating that he did it to show Apple the flaws that exist within the company's online security measures.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration