Apple requesting cover art from internet radio stations for iTunes Radio
Apple has sent a letter to internet radio stations requesting they provide cover art for iTunes Radio, reports MacRumors. From the email:
Dear Internet Radio Provider,
The iTunes Store now requires cover art for Internet Radio stations. The cover art files must be 1400 x 1400 pixels in JPG or PNG format using RGB color space. The image URL must end in ".jpg", ".jpeg" or ".png". To add cover art to your station, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your contact name, station name and cover art file.
Cover art should avoid pixelation. Any text should be legible at reduced image sizes on small devices. Note that Internet Radio cover art is not currently displayed.
Questions about iTunes Radio?
Check out iTunes Radio here.
The iTunes Internet Radio Team
iTunes has long offered internet radio stations on its Mac and PC desktop app. What this letter suggests is that Apple will begin offering these internet radio stations on iTunes Radio on iOS when it launches this fall. If true, users will have an incredibly wide selection of radio music from both Apple's new offering and traditional streaming internet radio channels.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)