Apple Developer Center outage fixed 'Remote Code Execution' issue
The Apple Developer Center downtime that brought the dev corner of Apple's online services down for over a week was apparently centered around what the company is calling a "remote code execution issue," MacRumors reports. The company posted the information on the Apple Web Server Notifications page, crediting 7dscan.com and knownsec.com for shedding light on the problem.
Interestingly, Ibrahim Balic -- the man who claimed he may have been responsible for the downtime -- has also received a "thank you" from Cupertino, but not for the issue that caused the outage. According to Apple, Balic helped reveal "an information disclosure issue" which was then addressed on July 22nd, four days after the Developer Center hit the dirt.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter