Apple Developer Center outage fixed 'Remote Code Execution' issue
The Apple Developer Center downtime that brought the dev corner of Apple's online services down for over a week was apparently centered around what the company is calling a "remote code execution issue," MacRumors reports. The company posted the information on the Apple Web Server Notifications page, crediting 7dscan.com and knownsec.com for shedding light on the problem.
Interestingly, Ibrahim Balic -- the man who claimed he may have been responsible for the downtime -- has also received a "thank you" from Cupertino, but not for the issue that caused the outage. According to Apple, Balic helped reveal "an information disclosure issue" which was then addressed on July 22nd, four days after the Developer Center hit the dirt.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free