Set up a new Mac on your birthday for a cupcake
Steve Jobs once said that Apple aims to "surprise and delight" its customers. Here's a cute example of just that. David Chartier at Finer Things in Tech shares a photo he received from Dan Cameron. Apparently, when you register a new Mac on your birthday, the Apple ID set-up process produces a birthday cupcake icon and the message, "Happy Birthday!"
This reminds me of this story about Disney from Signal Vs. Noise. A customer ordered a Woody costume from the online Disney store. When it arrived, he noticed that a worker had written "Love-- Andy" on the box.
Surprise and delight.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter