Set up a new Mac on your birthday for a cupcake
Steve Jobs once said that Apple aims to "surprise and delight" its customers. Here's a cute example of just that. David Chartier at Finer Things in Tech shares a photo he received from Dan Cameron. Apparently, when you register a new Mac on your birthday, the Apple ID set-up process produces a birthday cupcake icon and the message, "Happy Birthday!"
This reminds me of this story about Disney from Signal Vs. Noise. A customer ordered a Woody costume from the online Disney store. When it arrived, he noticed that a worker had written "Love-- Andy" on the box.
Surprise and delight.
Steve Jobs once said that Apple aims to "surprise and delight" its customers. Here's a cute example of just that. David Chartier at Finer...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements