iTunes 11.1 will have new iOS app organizer
Last night Apple seeded the eighth Developer Preview of the upcoming OS X 10.9 Mavericks. While there were no significant changes since the last build, this release does include the next version of iTunes, as images by Filipe Espósito shows.
The app screen organizer in iTunes has received frequent criticism since its inception, and iTunes 11.1 features a revamped iOS app organizer with a more logical home screen page layout, so users don't have to drag apps via a vertical layout anymore. Instead, home screen pages will appear side by side.
While iTunes 11.1 is certain to show up in the final shipping release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks, presumably in October, it's possible we may see a version of it released on Wednesday to support the release of iOS 7.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter