iTunes Radio to promo pre-release albums
iTunes Radio was already a great addition to iOS 7, but now that the dust is beginning to settle on the new operating system, Apple has revealed a perk that the new iTunes feature will afford us: Full-length streaming albums before their release. As MacNN reports, Apple's senior VP of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue revealed that iTunes Radio will soon host entire preview albums for users to enjoy ahead of their retail debut, which should prove to be a popular marketing tactic for both mainstream and up-and-coming acts. We reported earlier today about how Justin Timberlake's new album was made available on iTunes Radio just last week.
This isn't the first time iTunes has offered previews of upcoming releases, but the integration with iTunes Radio should prove to be a more popular (and convenient) option for users looking to get a sneak peek at unreleased albums.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service