Apple releases EFI Firmware Update 2.7 for Mid-2013 MacBook Air
Owners of the latest MacBook Air models, take note: Apple has just released an EFI firmware update that fixes those pesky problems when trying to use Windows 8 via Boot Camp. Here's what Apple says about the MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.7:
This update is recommended for MacBook Air (mid 2013) models.
This update addresses an issue which may cause a black screen to appear when installing Windows 7 or Windows 8 using Boot Camp Assistant if both an external optical drive and USB thumb drive are connected to the system. This update also ensures that the system will boot by default into OS X after installation of Windows 8.
Owners of the latest MacBook Air can get the firmware update by running Software Update on their Mac or by downloading it directly here.
Owners of the latest MacBook Air models, take note: Apple has just released an EFI firmware update that fixes those pesky problems when...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free