AllThingsD outs details of Apple's BlackBerry 'employee poaching party'
Yesterday, we briefly mentioned how Apple was trying to hire some of the more than 4,500 BlackBerry employees who recently lost their jobs thanks to continued bad earnings news at the Canadian company. Today, AllThingsD provided more details on what it called a "poaching party" held by Apple in Cambridge, Ontario.
That "party" on September 26 -- actually a recruiting event -- was about a 15-minute drive from BlackBerry's headquarters in nearby Waterloo. A number of BlackBerry employees received invitations from Apple via LinkedIn, and AllThingsD's John Paczkowski got word that "it was well-attended."
Here's a look at the wording of the invitation. It will be interesting to find out just how many BlackBerry employees end up getting offers from Apple and moving to Cupertino.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter