AllThingsD outs details of Apple's BlackBerry 'employee poaching party'
Yesterday, we briefly mentioned how Apple was trying to hire some of the more than 4,500 BlackBerry employees who recently lost their jobs thanks to continued bad earnings news at the Canadian company. Today, AllThingsD provided more details on what it called a "poaching party" held by Apple in Cambridge, Ontario.
That "party" on September 26 -- actually a recruiting event -- was about a 15-minute drive from BlackBerry's headquarters in nearby Waterloo. A number of BlackBerry employees received invitations from Apple via LinkedIn, and AllThingsD's John Paczkowski got word that "it was well-attended."
Here's a look at the wording of the invitation. It will be interesting to find out just how many BlackBerry employees end up getting offers from Apple and moving to Cupertino.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features