Apple announces new Retina display MacBook Pros with Haswell processors and cheaper pricepoints
Phil Schiller was on notebook duty, announcing first that Apple's new 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display is now both lighter and thinner. Specifically, the new 13-inch model weighs just 3.46 pounds and is only 0.71 inch thin. As expected, the new notebook is powered by Intel's Haswell processor, resulting in improved battery life of up to nine hours. Driving the point home, Schiller noted that the new MacBook Pro has enough battery life to allow users to watch the entire Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy on just one charge.
As for other enhancements, the notebook comes with faster 802.11ac WiFi, faster PCIe-based flash storage, Thunderbolt 2 support and, of course, OS X Mavericks. The base model comes with 4 GB RAM, 128 GB of storage and, best of all, starts shipping today for just $1,299.
Apple also updated its 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display. Along with a faster and more energy-efficient processor, it also features a GeForce GT 750M graphics card, faster WiFi, Thunderbolt 2 and PCIe-based flash storage.
The base model ships with 8 GB RAM and a 256 GB of flash storage. It too starts shipping today and will set you back $1,999.
Apple today announced some great new enhancements to its MacBook Pro with Retina display lineup. What's more, the base price on both the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update