Apple releases MacBook Pro firmware updates
Apple has released two EFI updates for its latest MacBook Pros. The MacBook Pro Retina EFI Update v1.3 update is recommended for late 2013 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro models. It addresses an issue where the built-in keyboard and Multi-Touch trackpad may become unresponsive.
The MacBook Pro Retina EFI Update v1.2 update is recommended for late 2013 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro models with NVIDIA graphics. It addresses a rare issue where the performance of the discrete graphics processor may be limited after a restart or waking from sleep.
Updates for either machine can be downloaded via Software Update in OS X.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter