Apple releases MacBook Pro firmware updates
Apple has released two EFI updates for its latest MacBook Pros. The MacBook Pro Retina EFI Update v1.3 update is recommended for late 2013 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro models. It addresses an issue where the built-in keyboard and Multi-Touch trackpad may become unresponsive.
The MacBook Pro Retina EFI Update v1.2 update is recommended for late 2013 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro models with NVIDIA graphics. It addresses a rare issue where the performance of the discrete graphics processor may be limited after a restart or waking from sleep.
Updates for either machine can be downloaded via Software Update in OS X.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options