Some new Retina MacBook Pros suffering from WiFi issues
The new 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pros with Retina display are hands down the best laptops Apple has ever made. Yet there seems to be a growing number of issues related to sleep and WiFi connectivity with the flagship laptops. Besides Apple's support forum threads, which detail the issues, and some readers contacting us reporting the same thing, I can also confirm my new MacBook Pro seems is quite buggy when waking from sleep in the morning.
After waking from sleep -- and though the WiFi signal will show a connection -- my MacBook Pro won't be able to access the internet. The solution is simple enough: Turn WiFi off and then turn it back on again. But while it's an easy fix, it's also an annoying one to do on a multiple-times-a-day basis. Keep in mind, however, that whether this issue affects a limited number of units, or is more widespread, WiFi and sleep issues like this can often be eliminated with a firmware update.
The new 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pros with Retina display are hands down the best laptops Apple has ever made. Yet there seems to be a...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free