Independent medical team finds no link between employee death and Apple supplier Pegatron's working conditions
After a 15-year-old worker died of pneumonia at Pegatron, a Chinese supplier, Apple had an independent team of medical experts sent to the facility to verify working conditions, Bloomberg reports. The worker had previously been cleared as healthy just a month prior to his death.
An official Apple statement on the matter reads, "While they have found no evidence of any link to working conditions there, we realize that is of little comfort to the families who have lost their loved ones. We have a team working with Pegatron at their facility to ensure that conditions meet our high standards."
This isn't exactly the first time that Apple -- or any large electronics manufacturer, for that matter -- has faced concerns over manufacturing practices. Foxconn, one of Apple's largest suppliers, has had an ongoing battle with employee suicides and allegations of unsatisfactory working conditions.
Independent medical experts find no link to worker death.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free