NPR comes to iTunes Radio
Today iTunes radio took an important step towards being able to replace terrestrial radio for many of its users with the addition of an NPR channel. The 24-hour channel will offer a free stream of NPR's award-winning content, including its live news segments alongside pre-recorded shows like All Things Considered and Morning Edition.
You can find their programming now within iTunes Radio. NPR is promising that this is just the beginning of the services they'll be offering. Later this spring the organization will expand the iTunes Radio service to include streams from member stations around the country.
NPR has been working to move towards expanding the reach of public radio with increased online streaming options. They are currently also working on a project called NPR Infinite Player, which will work like a public radio Pandora station. You can read more about that project here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature