Apple PR head Katie Cotton to retire
Re/Code is reporting Apple's long time VP of worldwide corporate communications, Katie Cotton, is retiring after almost 20 years with the company.
The departure appears to be amicable as Cotton simply wants to spend more time with her family.
During her nearly two decades at Apple, Cotton served as gatekeeper to company co-founder Steve Jobs and current CEO Tim Cook, and guided the media narrative around pretty much everything from the iMac to the iPad. She's long been among the company's most powerful executives and played a key role in shaping the mystique and exclusivity surrounding the Apple brand.
In 2010, Cotton was ranked 50th on Fortune's list of "50 Most Powerful Women."
In a statement provided to Re/Code, Cotton explained that the decision to leave was difficult,
"This is hard for me," Cotton explained. "Apple is a part of my heart."
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter