Apple joins President Obama's 'SupplierPay' initiative
US President Barack Obama has extended the so-called QuickPay initiative to the private sector with "SupplierPay," and Apple (among others) has come on board.
SupplierPay requires companies to pay their suppliers within 15 days of receiving an invoice. The thought is that the program keeps these companies from having to borrow money. Now, Apple, IBM, Coca-Cola and others have agreed to pay their small component suppliers more quickly.
Apple is a proactive advocate of supply chain responsibility. For instance, its 2014 Supplier Responsibility Report highlighted progress made in securing tantalum, an important metal used in the manufacture of electronic equipment.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)