OS X is 5 years young
Happy 5th birthday to OS X! That's right Apple shipped OS X 5 years ago today, and if you don't believe me feel free to read the original press release.
John Siracusa is taking a stroll down memory lane over at Ars Technica, and as always his column is worth a read.
The image accompanying this post is a screenshot of the OX Public Beta (remember when the Apple menu was in the middle of the menu bar?) from GUIdebook's OS X Public Beta page.
Update: I have been reminded that the OS X Public Beta didn't have an Apple menu at all! The Apple was just decoration. How could I forget that? I think I still have my Public Beta Disk somewhere... I should install it on my iMac.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter