OS X is 5 years young
Happy 5th birthday to OS X! That's right Apple shipped OS X 5 years ago today, and if you don't believe me feel free to read the original press release.
John Siracusa is taking a stroll down memory lane over at Ars Technica, and as always his column is worth a read.
The image accompanying this post is a screenshot of the OX Public Beta (remember when the Apple menu was in the middle of the menu bar?) from GUIdebook's OS X Public Beta page.
Update: I have been reminded that the OS X Public Beta didn't have an Apple menu at all! The Apple was just decoration. How could I forget that? I think I still have my Public Beta Disk somewhere... I should install it on my iMac.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync