OS X is 5 years young
Happy 5th birthday to OS X! That's right Apple shipped OS X 5 years ago today, and if you don't believe me feel free to read the original press release.
John Siracusa is taking a stroll down memory lane over at Ars Technica, and as always his column is worth a read.
The image accompanying this post is a screenshot of the OX Public Beta (remember when the Apple menu was in the middle of the menu bar?) from GUIdebook's OS X Public Beta page.
Update: I have been reminded that the OS X Public Beta didn't have an Apple menu at all! The Apple was just decoration. How could I forget that? I think I still have my Public Beta Disk somewhere... I should install it on my iMac.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature