Installer icon badges
If you're anything like me, I'm sorry for you. Ah, a little joke to open things up never fails, but you know what isn't a joking matter? That's right, OS X's Installer. That's the program that, well, enables things to be installed in OS X so it is kind of important. Now, Daniel J. Wilson thinks that the Installer could do with a little more visual feedback to cue the user into what the heck it is doing. He suggests the icon badges mocked up above, to show when something is installing, there has been some sort of error, or the install has finished.
This is a perfect example of 'The Little Things,' let's hope that Apple agrees.
[via Daring Fireball]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service