iTunes U comes to the iTunes Store
Along with iTunes Plus and DRMless tracks Apple also announced that iTunes U will now be available via the iTunes Store for everyone. iTunes U started a year and a half ago as a pilot program at Stanford which put some lectures online with iTunes. Apple and Stanford then created a custom iTunes interface for use at Stanford and the rest is history.
Now the general public will have access to materials from top rated universities, and best of all it is free. As with the other iTunes announcements today, this isn't available in the iTunes Store just yet, but I have a feeling we'll see it soon.
Update: iTunes U lives [iTunes link].
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature