CNBC: Eric Schmidt resigns from Apple's board
In a press release, Steve Jobs said the following: "Unfortunately, as Google enters more of Apple's core businesses, with Android and now Chrome OS, Eric's effectiveness as an Apple Board member will be significantly diminished, since he will have to recuse himself from even larger portions of our meetings due to potential conflicts of interest. Therefore, we have mutually decided that now is the right time for Eric to resign his position on Apple's Board."
Do you think Schmidt stepping down had anything to do with the events of last week? Or, like our own Sang Tang suggested three weeks ago, was this a predictable consequence of Google's move into the OS space with Chrome and continuing competition between iPhone and Android? Let us know in the comments!
CNBC has reported this morning that Google CEO Eric Schmidt, right, has resigned from Apple's board of directors after three years. This...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client