CNBC: Eric Schmidt resigns from Apple's board
In a press release, Steve Jobs said the following: "Unfortunately, as Google enters more of Apple's core businesses, with Android and now Chrome OS, Eric's effectiveness as an Apple Board member will be significantly diminished, since he will have to recuse himself from even larger portions of our meetings due to potential conflicts of interest. Therefore, we have mutually decided that now is the right time for Eric to resign his position on Apple's Board."
Do you think Schmidt stepping down had anything to do with the events of last week? Or, like our own Sang Tang suggested three weeks ago, was this a predictable consequence of Google's move into the OS space with Chrome and continuing competition between iPhone and Android? Let us know in the comments!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs