In advance of Q4 earnings call: AAPL hits $310, 45m iPads expected to sell in 2011
All of us at TUAW are looking forward to the Apple 4th Quarter earnings call on Monday afternoon, which we will be liveblogging right here on the site. With some of the wonderful news coming out from Wall Street and financial analysts today, our very own Mike Rose says that the earnings call should "have a mariachi band and a fire-eater." We're expecting it will be quite entertaining.
First, we've been watching the share price of AAPL, which is flirting with $310 today. But there's even better news from analyst Brian White with Ticonderoga Securities: Apple could sell as many as 45 million iPads in 2011.
White's research note to clients was covered by eWeek, and he talked to suppliers this week in Taiwan and China who support unit sales of 45 million of Apple's tablets. Coupled with Apple's announcements of aggressive retail expansion of sales of the device at Target, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Verizon, and AT&T, he expects the iPad to be one of the most coveted gifts for the 2010 holiday season, which should make the Apple execs on Monday happy enough to dance around a sombrero.
Be sure to join us on Monday, October 18th at 5 PM EDT for our liveblog of the earnings call.
All of us at TUAW are looking forward to the Apple 4th Quarter earnings call on Monday afternoon, which we will be liveblogging right here...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update