Photos from the opening of the Chicago Lincoln Park Apple Store
We received a handful of emails from Apple fanboys who had visited the new Lincoln Park Apple Store in Chicago on Saturday. The store is beautiful, and there's a garden on the top of the building. TUAW reader Thomas Matysik visited the store at about 1 PM on Saturday and snagged a t-shirt, which is definitely different from the generic black t-shirts that are normally handed out at Apple Store openings.
Thomas also attempted to visit the rooftop garden, but he ended up in the basement with a group of Apple employees instead. He was told that the garden was more for "sustainability purposes rather than to be looked at," and ended up not seeing it.
Thomas sent a number of photos from the opening, which can be viewed in the gallery below. The photo above was from a gallery of photos on the Apple website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app