Photos from the opening of the Chicago Lincoln Park Apple Store
We received a handful of emails from Apple fanboys who had visited the new Lincoln Park Apple Store in Chicago on Saturday. The store is beautiful, and there's a garden on the top of the building. TUAW reader Thomas Matysik visited the store at about 1 PM on Saturday and snagged a t-shirt, which is definitely different from the generic black t-shirts that are normally handed out at Apple Store openings.
Thomas also attempted to visit the rooftop garden, but he ended up in the basement with a group of Apple employees instead. He was told that the garden was more for "sustainability purposes rather than to be looked at," and ended up not seeing it.
Thomas sent a number of photos from the opening, which can be viewed in the gallery below. The photo above was from a gallery of photos on the Apple website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)