Apple's Director of Global Data Center Operations passes away at 41
We regret to report that Olivier Sanche, Apple's Director of Global Data Center Operations, passed away on Thanksgiving from a heart attack at the young age of 41. As DataCenterKnowledge notes, Sanche was "a thought leader in data center energy efficiency, and used his expertise to streamline operations at many of the world's largest technology companies, making a major collective impact on the industry's carbon output in the process."
Olivier Sanche was Director of Global Data Center Operations at AT&T before moving on to become Senior Director of Data Centers Services and Strategy at eBay. After eBay, Sanche joined Apple in August 2009 and spearheaded the $1 billion North Carolina data center, which is expected to open by the end of the year.
Mr. Sanche is survived by his wife and daughter. Our deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync