TUAW TV Live at 5 PM ET: Covering the week's Apple news
Since the doors closed at Kelly's House of Crackpot Theories (AKA the TUAW Talkcast) on Sunday night, there has been a surprising amount of Apple-related news. Steve Jobs sent an email to all Apple employees explaining that he's going on another health-related leave of absence, AAPL stock took a beating, and then the company announced yet another quarter of outstanding financial results and the stock went up again.
This afternoon on TUAW TV Live, I'll provide some opinion and commentary on what happened in the last few days. Since I'm older than dirt and have seen a lot of changes since I started observing Apple 31 years ago, I'll add a historical perspective to the entire "Apple without Steve Jobs" picture. I'm not a financial analyst, but I have some thoughts about hidden items in the financial report that I'd like to throw some light on as well.
Next week, the crack TUAW blogging crew will be in San Francisco covering Macworld Expo 2011. Our schedules and our bags are packed, the video camera lenses are polished, and our Macs, iPads and iPhones are charged up and ready to roll. I've been attending Macworld Expo since the late 1980s, so I'll give you an overview of what's different about the Expo in 2011 as well as what we expect to see during the show.
The show starts live at 5 PM ET / 2 PM PT here at TUAW. Show up a few minutes before, and we'll have complete instructions on how to view the live video stream and join the conversation in our chat tool.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features