Fortune says Apple tops them all!
This tidbit of news is not a surprise, but it's sure nice to see.
For the 4th straight year Fortune says that Apple is the world's most admired company, as it "continues to set the bar high for high tech companies across the board."
Citing nearly doubled profits from a year ago, launching the iPad and iPad 2, and working with Verizon to sell the iPhone 4 on their CDMA network, Fortune also praises Apple for doing so well while Steve Jobs has been on medical leave.
Apple's success is a welcome relief from the years in the 1990s when the company was seemingly wandering in the wilderness and survival was not a sure thing. The Apple of today is not only advancing profits in a weak economy, but beginning to define the future of computing to the degree that competitors are mostly copying Apple products rather than bringing new and unique innovations to buyers. Congratulations, Apple!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options