Fortune says Apple tops them all!
This tidbit of news is not a surprise, but it's sure nice to see.
For the 4th straight year Fortune says that Apple is the world's most admired company, as it "continues to set the bar high for high tech companies across the board."
Citing nearly doubled profits from a year ago, launching the iPad and iPad 2, and working with Verizon to sell the iPhone 4 on their CDMA network, Fortune also praises Apple for doing so well while Steve Jobs has been on medical leave.
Apple's success is a welcome relief from the years in the 1990s when the company was seemingly wandering in the wilderness and survival was not a sure thing. The Apple of today is not only advancing profits in a weak economy, but beginning to define the future of computing to the degree that competitors are mostly copying Apple products rather than bringing new and unique innovations to buyers. Congratulations, Apple!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app