TUAW TV Live at 5 PM ET: Dissecting the future of Mac OS
Mac OS X is now over 10 years old, and we're already beginning to see signs that Apple might merge the desktop operating system with the fledgling mobile OS -- iOS. We'll see some evolutionary changes in Mac OS X later this year when version 10.7 "Lion" hits the Mac App Store, but there are a growing number of people who think that Apple needs to make a revolutionary leap to a new computing paradigm.
Today on TUAW TV Live, we're not going to try to design a future operating system, but one of the topics will be a discussion of things you'd like to see Apple take on in the near future. If there's an area in the Mac operating system that you think could use a major improvement, let me know before the start of the show by tweeting me at @stevensande.
As usual, I'll have some fun demonstrations of new or revised apps, and you can expect to see some new goodies that have arrived here from some of the top Apple accessory manufacturers.
You can join in on the live streaming video and chat here at TUAW at 5 PM EDT / 2 PM PDT / 9 PM GMT. I'll see you then. If you can't join us this afternoon, be sure to subscribe to the TUAW TV Live podcast through iTunes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs