TUAW TV Live at 5 PM ET: Dissecting the future of Mac OS
Mac OS X is now over 10 years old, and we're already beginning to see signs that Apple might merge the desktop operating system with the fledgling mobile OS -- iOS. We'll see some evolutionary changes in Mac OS X later this year when version 10.7 "Lion" hits the Mac App Store, but there are a growing number of people who think that Apple needs to make a revolutionary leap to a new computing paradigm.
Today on TUAW TV Live, we're not going to try to design a future operating system, but one of the topics will be a discussion of things you'd like to see Apple take on in the near future. If there's an area in the Mac operating system that you think could use a major improvement, let me know before the start of the show by tweeting me at @stevensande.
As usual, I'll have some fun demonstrations of new or revised apps, and you can expect to see some new goodies that have arrived here from some of the top Apple accessory manufacturers.
You can join in on the live streaming video and chat here at TUAW at 5 PM EDT / 2 PM PDT / 9 PM GMT. I'll see you then. If you can't join us this afternoon, be sure to subscribe to the TUAW TV Live podcast through iTunes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service