Apple issues statement on Foxconn explosion
Apple has issued a statement to All Things Digital regarding the tragic explosion that occurred at a Foxconn plant in Chengdu, China earlier today. The explosion killed 2 workers and injured at least 16 others. In the statement Apple said:
"We are deeply saddened by the tragedy at Foxconn's plant in Chengdu, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families. We are working closely with Foxconn to understand what caused this terrible event."
Foxconn has long been rumored to have dubious conditions for workers, and employees have voiced concerns over workplace safety and standards in the past. Apple even audited the company over its practices back in February of this year. Just three days ago, Foxconn employees protested outside a Foxconn shareholder meeting over wages and its treatment of employees.
For its part, thus far Foxconn has not confirmed what caused the explosion, though the company has said that the situation has been brought under control. Production at the affected facility will be halted until an investigation into the cause of the explosion is completed.
Apple has issued a statement to All Things Digital regarding the tragic explosion that occurred at a Foxconn plant in Chengdu, China...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved