Macworld Australia confirms future Apple Store
Australia may be home to several new Apple retail stores this year. The latest Apple retail store was spotted in Melbourne's Westfield Southland Mall. According to Macworld Australia, construction is beginning on the retail storefront, and the store will be ready for sales later this year. Apple has not commented on this expansion, but a Westfield employee confirmed off the record that Apple is behind these renovations.
Apple is also opening a larger, flagship store in the Crown Casino area of Melbourne and is hiring staff to fill new retail positions in or around Melbourne. Apple already operates 10 retail stores in Australia and may be adding additional stores in cities of Brisbane and Sydney as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter