New Glendale, CA Apple Store to boast unique features
Yesterday we told you that this Saturday will see the opening of Apple's second Glendale, California store -- one that is only 600 feet away from the other Glendale store. If that alone isn't enough to give the first store feelings of inferiority, perhaps the features of the new store will push it over the edge.
According to 9to5Mac, the new Glendale store will feature a floating Apple logo suspended in the store's glass front. This is the same treatment New York's Fifth Avenue cube store got. The second Glendale store will also have a massive Genius Bar -- a full fifty seats. In addition, the new store will feature a briefing room for business customers and a few tables dedicated entirely to Startup Sessions. To top it off, at 7000 square feet of retail space, the new Glendale store is Apple's largest store in a mall.
Apple is definitely an out with the old, in with the new company. However, at least they decided not to shutter the existing Glendale store. Though it was the second Apple store in the country, I'm sure it's got many years of life left in it. Then again, reports are that it is so busy it could be in business for some time.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter