Apple is worth more than all of these things
With Apple (AAPL) having a market cap of roughly US$387 billion, it becomes the most valuable company in the US. Matter of fact, it currently has a $30 billion lead over the next most valuable company, Exxon Mobil (XOM). However, market caps are boring. What's fun is to look at how much Apple is worth compared to other things. Like drugs, the Star Wars franchise and Denmark.
That's exactly what the Things Apple is Worth More Than tumblr does. It turns out that at a market cap of $380 billion+, Apple is worth more than:
- All the illegal drugs in the world ($321 billion)
- The Star Wars, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Steven King, and Twilight franchises combined ($49 billion)
- The GDP of Denmark ($337 billion)
- and my personal favorite, the American obesity epidemic ($300 billion)
The tumblr blog has more gems Apple is worth so be sure to check it out. It's an interesting list that really puts it in perspective just how much the Mac, iPhone and iPad maker is worth.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync